La nuova alba

Montag, Dienstag, Mittwoch ... ich möchte dich jeden Tag sehen!

Saturday, March 26, 2005

"Give me but one hour of Scotland, let me see it ere I die" - William Edmondstoune Aytoun

I'm listening to the melodious sound of the bagpipes now. The clear, resounding sound of the bagpipes, boosting the morales of the Scootish army, as they charge down, kilts flying in the air and the English would look on in fear, their archers quivering in terror as they released the longbows into the air. "Sons of Scotland, will you fight for your freedom?"

I don't know what's with my fascination with Scotland. Why I love their music, their kilts, their history, their culture, their flag.. everything. I think I could even learn to drink as much as the Scotch.. haha.. I could learn to like Scotch whisky even.. Sometimes I wonder.. why the Scotch? why not Irish? I mean, they do have bagpipes, they are Celts too.. *shrugs* I guess it's limited to Scotland.. I do like Irish music, and the country, but can't beat my love for Scotland.

And so, I really hope I could go to Scotland one day. Not to the cities, but the highlands. Just to be on a hill, listening to the playings of a lone bagpiper in the sileny countryside, feeling the cool breeze flow past my being.

O Caledonia! Stern and Wild
Meet nurse for a poetic child!
Land of brown heath and shaggy wood,
Land of the mountains and the flood,
Land of my sires! What mortal hand
can e'er untie the filial band
that knits me to thy rugged strand!
-Sir Walter Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home