La nuova alba

Montag, Dienstag, Mittwoch ... ich möchte dich jeden Tag sehen!

Friday, October 28, 2005

I admonish myself for being terribly unfair to Ireland. First off, I actually like the Uillean pipes better than the bagpipes. (Confession #1) Yeah, bagpipes are nice when you need some livening up and you can do a crazy jig and hear the drum rolls. but Uillean pipes are PERFECT when you need peace, quiet or is feeling melancholic. Morever, I LOVE melancholic music. It makes me feel strangely HAPPY (weird I know..) but bagpipes do make me feel happy too! they're different buy yeah.. Uillean pipes do sound a tad bit less noisy and high pitched.

Second, Scotland and Ireland's scenery are basically quite similar in some ways. Morever, Braveheart was actually shot more in Ireland than Scotland. So it's terribly unfair if I just mention Scotland non stop and totally disregard its Irish brother. So there.

But then again, it's not my fault Braveheart was about Scotland. People will naturally associate whatever it is with Scotland instead of Ireland. but then Braveheart's main theme is Uillean pipe and most scenery Irish. :S Haiz.. time to love Ireland as much as Scotland baby!
And also, I haven't come across any writers who romanticised Ireland. I mean Scotland has all those poets and their heroes. You can't help but fall in love with a country where all the famous heroes come from. Morever Scotland seem a bit more interesting with the flying kilt and nothing underneath yah? hahahah...

and you see kids nowadays, Ireland = Catholic vs Christian. this kind of perception is like ingrained in people's head. While for Scotland, it's like, Scotland= heroes, William Wallace, kilts, bagpipes, brandished swords, white cockade, outlaws. sounds more exciting right? not my fault that I sway more to Scotland's side.

Whatever it is, I declare that I shall try to love Ireland as much as I love Scotland. and yes, admit to everyone that I love the Uillean pipes more than the bagpipes. but i STILL love the bagpipes nevertheless. and so.. here's a picture of IRELAND! let's be fair yah?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home