La nuova alba

Montag, Dienstag, Mittwoch ... ich möchte dich jeden Tag sehen!

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Well, I was just happily eating toast and milk in the evening and thought:"WOW! I LOVE THIS!" You know, these are what we call the simple pleasures of life. Other people's opinions may differ, but things doesn't always have to be expensive for one to enjoy it, right? Out of boredom, I have decided to compile the simple pleasure of MY life. Let's see:
1) Eating toasted bread with butter + a cup of milk
2) Eating instant noodles in the middle of the night
3) Drinking a cup of hot coffee/chocolate and cookies while watching a tearjerker movie on a rainy day
4) Looking at your baby nephew (or any baby/kids) drooling (hahaha..)
5) Reclining in the air-con room and reading a great book while it's hot and sunny outside
6) Woken up early in the morning and realising that you can sleep in late and go back sleeping and feeling blissful
7) Stuffing yourself with chocolates and singing "My favourite things" while feeling down.
8) Drinking cold strawberry juice!!!
9) When your friend gives you a surprise call and you have a nice long chat
10) Having RICE to dream/think/smile about. :D

Hmm it seems like a lot of my simple pleasures in life revolves around food. I am a pig! ahaha

Anyhows, I was re-thinking about my choice of taking Hotel/Restaurant Management. It's like i wanted Hospitality Administartion and Management, but somehow it seems like all schools supposedly offering that course offers hotel management instead. I'm totally confused. Isn't that two different things? Hotel management is more of running a hotel and sorts while Hospitality is more like planning things like events and things like that. But since DVC doesn't seem to have that, I guess I'll just have to Take Hotel/Restaurant Management. Though I'm thinking whether I will like it. I can't see myself managing a hotel/restaurant, it seems... HUGE! Like woah, you're putting the whole hotel in my hands, now that's scary. I've always wanted to do something like be the front desk person, or the waitress.. haha.. I guess not.

If I do take Hotel Management, hmm.. I won't mind it I guess. But I'd rather mingle with hotel guests and stuffs rather than actually run the hotel. And people will be going for the big jobs in big hotels i guess. But I can't imagine working in a big hotel, I don't want to actually, at this point of time at the very least. I'm tired of cities actually. If I'm ever to work, I'd like to go to a little town where there is a warm inn with friendly services. Famous gigantic hotels seems to cater a lot to the rich you know. It's like they offer very expansive services and yet they put this huge price tag next to it. It gives a very uneasy feeling. I'd prefer a warm inn with the average price and a comfortable clean bed, friendly staff.. I guess that's good enough. I'm not into skyscrapers hotels with magnificent view of the city life. I want a place where you look out of your window and you see neat houses on the hills and a serene atmosphere.

So you think I'm cut out for the hotel industry? I'm not so sure.. SIGH any advice??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home