La nuova alba

Montag, Dienstag, Mittwoch ... ich möchte dich jeden Tag sehen!

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

First driving lesson today.. hehe.. it was quite fun actually..

Had to wake up real early in the morning and then my mom drove me there. had to wait for the cars cos they were all taken. Finally I got a car and I sat down with the driving teacher next to me. He gave me the key and told me to turn on the engine, which I did. We buckled our seatbelts. The thing is, the car is MANUAL! So I have to control that kopling thing (i dunno wad it is in English) and the verseneling plus all that gigi stuffs. so ??? Anyway, i pushed the verseneling to Reverse and I reversed the car.

At first I kept getting the guy wrong cos he was kinda mumbling when he gave instructions and when he said left i did right and all that stuff. But in the end, It was quite fun anyways. I just drove and drove and the guy will tell me turn the steering wheel, more more more.. and sometimes the car will be going left right left right.. so unstable.. then the instructor will sometimes push my steering wheel in the right direction. And the engine died twice cos I let go of the kopling too fast.. hueh hueh...

There was one stretch of road that was relatively car-less, so i had to CONTROL the speed maniac within me and not try to push the accelerator too hard and speed up. and as all is said, Indonesian roads are CRAZY!! Nobody obeys the law here and the roads are terrible and everyone's just pushing and going and not letting anyone pass. The motorcycles are the craziest, they just cut into anyone's path without caring. Crazy driving. My bro's got into two crashes already.. sheesh. Mad driving. and if you crash into someone, you might just get beaten up by the angry driver. :S My bro crashed into this truck driver and he was all ready to beat up my bro till my dad shouted at him. Scary eh?

Well, after my half n hour driving class, the instructor asked for a tip. (which I heard was customary) and i had no choice but to give him 5000Rp. I was thinking hey..daylight robbery you know. 17 lessons.. 5000 each time.. that will be like 85000 when I finish. and including the course fees... eek.. cheating my money.. haha

minus point: I HAVE TO WAKE UP EARLY EVERY WEEK DAY for lessons. T_T there goes my holiday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home