La nuova alba

Montag, Dienstag, Mittwoch ... ich möchte dich jeden Tag sehen!

Sunday, January 02, 2005

It's so late at night and I'm supposed to be in bed because there's school tmr. But I can't sleep. hehe.

Well, today I heard that central Java might be affected by the Tsunami. It might not be true, of course, but it's still worrying. and the death toll keeps increasing. It's so sad to see so many people dying, especially seeing more and more of my countrymen die.

I think we all should do whatever we can for them. You know, urge your parents to donate, make those who doesn't care do. As my Sri Lankan friend said:" What you give is what you get in the end".

yesterday, I chanced upon a blog of a 10 year old girl who was concerned about the little Children affected by the Tsunami. It really touched me. You can see it at http://helptsunami.blogspot.com/

I like how Indonesia tries to make people donate to the cause.. When you're shopping in the supermarket, the girl will just ask: "Do you want to donate this certain amount?" and the shopper will just nod and the money is given.

Well, if in any way you can donate to those people, there are several sites you can go to. Unicef is mainly for children. Well, we're all students here, but maybe we could persuade our parents?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home