La nuova alba

Montag, Dienstag, Mittwoch ... ich möchte dich jeden Tag sehen!

Monday, January 02, 2006

I can barely open my eyes now cos I'm so tired. Haha.. cos of the jet lag, me and me bro has been waking up at like 3,4,5 am for the past few days. Then suddenly, yesterday, we woke up at 3.30PM!!! O_O then it ended up that we couldn't sleep last night, and so now I'm so sleepy once again.

Well, talking about the new year (which I spent the half the day sleeping in till 3.30 hehe..) On new year's eve, me and my bro went down to Embarcadero at SF. Gosh, there were so many people. We took the BART there cos my bro was afraid there might be a jam. When we reached, there was a roadblock there and the whole road was filled with people, wearing party hats, cheering and all. It was pretty cold, but the mass of people kinda made it a little warmer. Oh well, compared to the sticky sweaty mass bodies stuck together experiences in Singapore, this is really much better.

So, we hung around for quite a while cos it wasn't twelve yet. There were flyers on the floor that said"BUSH STEP DOWN!" and some others. After a while, my nose was starting to get rather cold. After walking around for a bit, we stayed put and waited and finally, the fireworks started. and oh boy was it spectacular. It was lighted near the golden gate bridge, all kind of colors and it lasted for a good 10-15 minutes or so. The finale was especially great, they released a whole lot of fireworks at once, and of different colors. A bunch of Jap girls in front of us were screaming and jumping in excitement.

And so, people were all screaming HAPPY NEW YEAR! and making a whole lot of noise and the crowd was really wild that night. In fact, the cops even had to come in. I think it was cos' there was this limousine parked on the streets, and a bunch of people started climbing on top and dancing and then the cops came, and all of them started to run but a few got caught. After that, we went back by BART and got really squished and I guess the people were so high, I've never heard so much swear words in a day in my whole life. Whatever they were saying the whole night were practically: Have a *toot* *toot* *toot* new year

Yep, that's all about new year. I still spent the day sleeping in after all. :) oh and it's been raining a lot, cold breeze and fog. In fact, some places got flooded and all. The views around here are fantastic. Great hills and seas, my bro and I took a drive nearby UC Berkeley. Gosh, their stadium is fantastically HUGE and we drove upwards and whoa, fantastic view. But due to the rain, there were many road blocks and we couldn't go further up. Plus nowadays, I really find it to stay awake, especially in the car. And even now.. I'm trying not to fall asleep as I write.

Oh yeah, on a last note. I visited Pleasant Hill. Lovely town. It looks so nice and neat. I couldn't go into my school cos it was closed, but yeah, saw the town. And assessment in two days and I can't even remember my math.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home