La nuova alba

Montag, Dienstag, Mittwoch ... ich möchte dich jeden Tag sehen!

Friday, January 06, 2006

I just checked on UC San Diego. There is no way I will be going there because the majors just aren't suitable for me. SIGH... guess I picked the wrong spot for my story. Oh well, Dan's still in LA though. haha.. but i doubt I'll be going to LA either cos it's too expensive.

I had Assessment on wednesday. There were about 70-80 international students there. They all seems to be friends already cos most were already sitting in clusters and laughing and joking. There are so many Indonesians there! heard the language being spoken all over the place and by a particularly large bunch of Indonesians at the back. Quite a number of nationalities. Chinese, Korean, Jap, Malaysian, Indonesian etc. some from Europe too i think. dunno. Anyways, didn't get much chance to make friends. Only talked to this Malaysian guy sitting in front of me cos he asked me whether I was from malaysia.

the english paper was on this passage "green banana". and u have to write a summary on it and a personal response. UGH. so GP!! and the math.. gosh. the math was TERRIBLE!!!!!! there was 4 levels. 2-5, with 2 the easiest, and 5 the most difficult. I chose 3. it was basic algebra, root squares and stuffs we learnt in sec 2-3. GOSH! I couldn't remember much and i was like dying. and the worst was that the malaysian guy took level 5 and was the first to finish in like 15 minutes. I was totally flabbergasted cos I took level 3 and there I was still slowly doing. and while I was doing, others were already getting up and finishing their work. Finally, time was up and I couldn't even finish the blasted paper. MY MATH SUCKS!

and the international students at DVC are all smart. I can kinda tell....so freaky. Their maths are most probably great, their english maybe not that great, but they catch up fairly quick.

Anyways, orientation next monday. i'll get my results then. XD Hope I make some friends too. Most of them are already acquainted with one another, probably through IEC. (international english centre)

yosh, gotta go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home