La nuova alba

Montag, Dienstag, Mittwoch ... ich möchte dich jeden Tag sehen!

Thursday, March 02, 2006

As I walk home, the wind is blowing my hair about and the flowers are swaying from side to side. Two different types of daffodils bloom together in harmony. In the distance, the road winds up and further up. To the left stands the brown fortress of Mt Diablo. The wind continue to blow, the wind chimes sing and dance.

The cat looks up at me. I bend down and give it a pat and resist the impulse to squeeze it half to death because it is the epitome of cute-ness. I dig my hand into my bag and grope around for that silver key. Fishing it out, I unlock the door and open it.

TA-DAH! I'M HOME!!

I'm starting to like it here. The weather can be intolerable at times, but sometimes it can be really nice. When the wind blows, I feel like spreading my arms and closing my eyes. I think I shall go and climb the hill tomorrow if the weather is good. It's wonderful soothing to be up on that hill. The whole city is within sight and the air is just breathtaking. It has been raining a lot these days, but when morning comes, the sun comes back shining again.

Last night it was raining so heavily and the thunderous sound of the rain is quite disturbing. However tucked safely in my (not-so-warm) room, I still feel quite safe nevertheless. It's good to have shelter when it rains.

I only had Italian class and Math class today. I think I like the two classes. I admit Math may bore me half to death at times, but I think my math teacher is a very knowledgeable person. Yes, at times, his overly-simplistic method of doing things may irritate me. But to someone who has never learnt all the things before, the teacher is really invaluable. He's got a lot of experiences and knows origins of maths, the stories of mathematician (which he sometimes would tell to us) and others. Unlike Singaporean teachers who just knows how to give math homeworks and doesn't have any other experience than teaching math, this teacher is different.
His students were once the guys who during the Cold War, would have pressed the button and Moscow to pieces if ordered to. And he's taught in Turkey before. And he was once the student of a Mathematician who created the Linear Programming, so he has a lot of knowledge on that. Well, I guess I'm starting to like Math a bit more. I don't really have any friends yet actually, in math class. (and I probably will never). But I guess there's just a relaxed and friendly atmosphere in class that makes it comfortable. And at least I have a partner. I mean, we don't talk or anything and the only time we do talk is when I ask him questions. But actually I like it, having a quiet partner. I guess some people may find it weird, you know, like they might prefer someone to talk to in class and stuffs. But I actually like a person who will just sit quietly next to you, and laugh when the teacher makes a joke and some other responses. You know they are there, and the presence is enough.

Unlike Anthropology class though.. where the atmosphere is relatively cold. The teacher's talking. Students are dozing off. And honestly, everything just feels foreign. and when the teacher makes a joke, nobody laughs except he himself. I guess in a way, the teacher is sometimes a little bit conceited and can't keep his thoughts of religions to himself. But I guess I'll just plod through class and get it over with.

As for Italian, Italian is always great. haha. Today was weird though because the Italian teacher kept pointing at me. Like, there were these two people who asked him what regions on the map are going to be tested. and Suddenly, he's pointing to me. and I'm like O_O HUH? then the two students looked confused, and he just pointed at me. and finally, the girl turned to me and asked me and I told her. Later, he told us to write the answers to the questions on the board. I'm too lazy to write on the board all the time, and I guess he knows who are the people who's been sitting down all day. So, when finally there were some unanswered questions left, he pointed at me again. and I'm like.. egad.. quickly go to the board and write down the answer. Today was funny though. cos we have to do this exercise. and one of the questions was "Are you afraid of your Italian teacher?" he picked a student to answer and she said: "yes, I am afraid of my Italian teacher."

and he gave this funny look and the whole class started laughing. It's hilarious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home