La nuova alba

Montag, Dienstag, Mittwoch ... ich möchte dich jeden Tag sehen!

Saturday, April 29, 2006

I'm so tired.

Physically at least. Don't know about the mental bit yet. haha.

Moved out of my homestay this morning. Had like two big luggages, a big box, lots of plastics bags, and a lot of bags. It's crazy. Had to drag them out of my room and later out to the road and later up my sister's car. When we reached Berkeley, had to drag them out of her car and drag it up to the lift and drag it out of the lift and drag it to her door and drag it to her room.

That's not all the strenuos exercise.

Went to Oakland zoo with Michelle today. Had to be there at 10 am because it was an Anthropology field trip. She came with me for fun. We took the BART to Oakland and later took the bus. We were rushing and sometimes running because we were so afraid to miss the bus. I thought, once we reach the zoo, everything will be fine.

Oh no!

My teacher said to meet at the main entrance. I looked at the entrace of the zoo, there were lots of cars lining the streets going through the box where they have to pay $5 for parking. I was like, where's my class? We walked sheepishly past all the cars cos it felt so stupid like we were walking on roads not meant for humans. Then we saw a sign, MAIN ENTRANCE (pointing ahead). So I thought, yay just need to walk straigh. YEAH RIGHT! It was up a hill. It was like soo stupid. Cars were zooming up and down, disappearing and there we were edging on the side walking this never ending winding stretch of road. I was like, where the heck is the main entrance? So we walked and walked and the cars seemed to mock as they wound up the road happily. I think nobody walks to the zoo except us. I mean, there were some (very few) motorbikes, one guy rode a bike. But walk? woah.. nobody does that. Felt so extremely stupid and vows to learn how to drive.

Panting, we reach the main entrance. Some of my classmates were already there. Huge group. I never had a friend in Anthro class so I just stood there and waited. Teacher came, collected money (long process). and he took us in on a tour. As usual, he coudln't stop talking. He stood at like one spot for more than 20 minutes talking. Like that's so boring!! He stood in front of the camel and talked and talked and talked for 20 mins. Next stop, same thing. It's really long winded and tiring. And he gave us a paper and we had to fill in facts and info about the animals. It was a pretty long list which was like about 18 stops. and he took like 20 minutes at each stop! I stopped listening and copying things after a while, but regretted the terrible mistake because I had to fill in the paper and later had to go back and fill some of it. Honestly, it was more tiring than fun. He talked too much, our legs ached after a while because we just kept walking and walking and walking and walking. TIRING!

But I got to see several cute and interesting animals. There was the camels, giraffe, deers, stag, lions.. Oh the lions were so cool! When we entered the lion's arena, it was like the male lion was lying on this huge stone tablet. It was like WOAH! Just like a movie. I was thinking of Aslan revived in the movie LWW. But the lion just slept on the stone tablet without roaring or anything, no fun. Then there were several baboons, chimps, squirrel monkey, Gibbons, snakes, siamang, meerkat (very very cute), some zebras and elephants. and of course the oh so cute ring tailed lemurs. haha. They were really adorable. They liked to sit in groups and clean one another. and one lemur sat down in the style of a human male. hahaha.. so so cute.

We went up the sky ride afterwards. Our legs were all sore and stuffs so it was a welcome experience. All we did was sit on this chair (Basically the whole thing looks exactly like a ski lift except there are no snows below) So we sat down with our feet dangling down (so fun) and looked at all the scenery. Gosh, the hills nearby were so so beautiful I wish I could climb them. At the very top, we could see Bisons and antelopes. But yeah, it was fun. I liked it. and I like the feeling of my feet dangling down in mid air. When I was on the ski lift, it wasn't so fun because the snowboard attached to my feet was like crazy heavy, but today there was no snowboard so it was fun. :)

After that, we groaned and we sighed and began our trek out of the zoo. (Ie. down the hill) Again walking walking and feeling idiotic as cars zoomed past us. We walked out of the zoo just in time to see the bus zoom past up. We sat down (thank God for chairs) and waited for the next bus. Michelle went back to the homestay. I went back to Berkeley.

But the ordeal wasn't OVER!! Berkeley is one heck of a huge hill. Walked from the Bart station to my sis' apartment. I cut through the Berkeley campus, had to climb this long way up up to the clock tower and continue to walk my way to the music library. My sister said to meet her at the International House to get keys. So I walked there. and after I got the keys, went the other direction to the apartment. The apartment was like up a slope. There was a short cut (not much anymore which consisted of a whole lot of steps. I really mean a whole lot) I climbed up and found the gate closed. Had to climb back down again (and see this woman panting like mad haha..) and go the other way and CLIMB UP the slope again to my sister's apartment. All in all, it took me 45 minutes to walk from the BART station to my sister's apartments with all that detours. And I'm used to flat lands, but Berkeley have lots of slopes and stuffs. Difficult trek!

So now I rest. and My sister says if I make a mess of the room she is ready to make a lamb chop of me, so I have to get up soon and clear up the mss in her room. SIGH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home